Pate de Luxe
Pate De Luxe wax polish is a unique traditional formulation. The finest natural oils and waxes are used to achieve superior cleaning, nourishing, and protection while producing a high-gloss shine to leather goods.
Our famous Pate De Luxe wax polish combines a selection of premium oils and waxes, including turpentine spirit (natural pine extract), beeswax, carnauba wax, and six other waxes with nourishing, protecting, softening and shining qualities.
Pate De Luxe, one of Saphir Medaille d’Or’s most iconic products, is specially formulated to obtain a ‘glacage’ or ‘mirror shine’ on the toecap of your shoes.
The pigments have been chosen for their colouring and penetrating properties as well as their transparency. Pate De Luxe wax polish allows you to obtain an incomparable patina by applying different shades of colour to the leather surface.
Renowned shoemakers use this formulation during the shoe finishing process so by applying Pate De Luxe as part of your shoe care routine, you will help prolong the optimal appearance of your shoes.
A beautiful pair of shoes deserves the finest treatment!
Pate De Luxe wax polish is ideal for use on smooth leather shoes or boots.
The Pate De Luxe wax polish formula is composed of three main types of natural waxes:
– Animal: Beeswax
– Vegetable: Carnauba wax (from the leaves of a Brazilian palm tree)
– Mineral: Montan wax
Turpentine spirit, which is extracted from pine trees grown in Southern Europe, is another star ingredient of this special formula. It thoroughly degreases the leather and enhances the absorption of the waxes. The spirit evaporates, leaving the rich natural waxes to protect and shine.
- Brush the item to remove any dust or dirt.
- Apply a small amount of Pate De Luxe with a cotton chamois cloth or the Spreading Brush (Ref. 2631) to reach the welt seams and enable nourishment and protection of this delicate area.
- Massage gently to allow Pate De Luxe to nourish and provide maximum protection to the leather.
- Apply one or two coats of Pate De Luxe to the entire shoe.
- Leave to dry for five minutes between coats.
- Gently polish the leather with a bristle brush or a wool glove.
- For a high-gloss finish, apply additional coats to the toe and heel. Avoid over-application to the vamp of the shoe because excessive movement can crack the wax coating.
For further details, please refer to our How-To Guides.
1- Prepare your leather
If your shoes are dirty or clogged with wax, silicone, or resin deposits, clean the leather with Reno’Mat Leather Cleaner (ref. 0514) from the SaphirBeaute du Cuir range.
If your shoes are regularly cleaned and well maintained, we recommend Renovateur Cream (ref. 1123), which moisturises and gently cleans the leather pores without degrading the patina.
2- Nourish with Creme 1925
We recommend applying Creme 1925 after treating the leather with Pate De Luxe. Creme 1925 contains softer waxes and nourishing shea butter.
3- Glazing with Mirror Gloss (ref. 1013)
To quickly obtain a ‘glacage’ or ‘mirror shine’, use Mirror Gloss. Mirror Gloss contains naturally harder waxes necessary for achieving a high-shine to leather shoes.